我听说底特律有位女士
I read about a woman in Detroit
拥有一千顶假发
who owns over a thousand wigs.
真令人惊奇
Can you imagine?
一千种可能性
A thousand different possibilities.
但其实再怎么变 都还是同一个人
It's actually impossible though I think to become a different person.
只会变得更好或更糟
You can only be better, worse,
或是本来自我的多面呈现
or some variation of the person you already are.
但人人都有可塑性
But we are all pliable,
不断调整自己 适应环境
constantly adjusting to our circumstances...
不顾一切
throwing caution to the wind,
适应当下的角色
becoming who we need to be in the moment.
尝试变成全新的自我
The only reward you get at the end of trying not to be who you were,
或目睹别人蜕变
or witnessing someone else change into a person you barely recognize,
唯一的奖励就是能够认识不同的人
is being able to finally sit in front of another human being
戴上其中任何一顶"假发"
wearing every one of those thousand wigs
重新开始
and try again.